shola v the scum

shola v the scum

Tuesday 8 May 2012

EVALUATION - How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary task? I think my two products link well together as the same dress sense and colour schemes are used, so a house style is used.


EVALUATION - How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary task?
I think my two products link well together as the same dress sense and colour schemes are used, so a house style is used.
Digipak front cover: 



















The front cover of the digipak is similar to this shot in the video as the main character looks trapped between two dark walls with light at the end of the tunnel. The dress sense is similar and the hairstyle is the same to keep that continuity throughout the project. Both use stereotypical conventions of an indie rock band as the album cover shows the band members together but they are not smiling and the video makes the boy look isolated.
The poster shows the band members together which is needed in a music poster but even in here the main character looks unattached from his band mates.

Promotion
To promote a music video, companies will use viral marketing which means they will use existing sites to feature their video, like on social networking sites like, Facebook, msn and twitter. Newspapers, television adverts, billboards and even radio is used to promote music videos.
But mainly music channels are used to show music videos and the song its self is a main promoter. Promotion of the song is the most important thing before we can think of promoting the video.
Personal promotion
I have posted both my ancillary tasks and my main product on Facebook and on my blog so people can view it worldwide. People can also leave comments so I can receive feedback on where I can improve on my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment